eldoncallAshes of Souls is a way for single player to seek help in combat. Whether it's against bosses, dungeons, or normal enemies. There are dozens of spirits in the game that you can summon (often at the cost of FP) to perform various attacks or provide other benefits. Some are very useful! Others almost seem to exist as jokes or objects. Separating them from each other is a rather difficult process.
Of course, that's what this article is about. We're here to try and provide at least onebaselineWhat works and what doesn't (or at least when). So let's see what this means for uselder ringAshes of Soul List!
notes:Reading this will result inslight spoilerarriveelder ring. This is a game about exploration and discovery. Some players might not even know what the new power awaits them. If this is you, skip this section now and come back to it later! Although we're guessing if you've read this far, you already know what you're getting into. Leaving that out of the way, the current Ashes of Souls roster is provided below in its simplest form.
Update 1.03:With the launch of the surpriseElden Ring Patch 1.03, a particular rally has undergone a radical change. you canRead the official patch notes here, but it is particularly noteworthy that Tears of Imitation has been weakened. a lot of. Its damage output has been reduced by about 50%, and while it can still use certain items, it seems less likely to use things like weapon abilities. It seems that Imitation Tears can still use medicine to heal itself. But astronomically, that doesn't happen often. It's best to give it a self-repairing passive ability (such as Godskin Swaddling Cloth).
Update 1.04:Latest surprise updatearriveelder ringIt's just here, it's awesome. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have much of an effect on any Ashes of Souls, which means those options should be unaffected. Though there's always the possibility of undocumented "Shadow nerfs" and other changes not actually listed in the patch notes. FromSoft sometimes does this. just something to be aware ofstrengthThe change happened at first without anyone noticing.
|imitate tears||Sort tools||Exiled Knight Oleg|
|Headless Ruttle||Stormhawk Dean||Exiled Knight Engvar||old dragon knight christophe||clinlot knight finley|
|Omen Killer Rollo||Redmane Knight Oga||Bloodhound Rider Flea||large shield soldier||crystallization|
|Coprophagous||Black Flame Munk Amon|
|Aurelia (mermaid)||follow the ancestors||rotting vagabond||captured imp||giant rat|
|The Night Maiden and the Swordswoman||Radan Soldier||war hawk||soldier puppet||Skeleton military|
|Latenna||Sleeping Arrow Dolores||side||Battlemage Hughes||Kaidon Mercenary|
|Folk Militia||Tomb Soldier||Ryder Soldier||lone wolf||Godric Soldat|
|oracle envoy||Nefeli Lux||Azura Orc|
|Finger Girl Serolina||depraved perfumer kaman||country spray||crazy pumpkin head||ildermonk|
|Asian||shooter||Tricia perfume||horrified corpse||twin elves|
|Hallig Tree Soldier||Human Snake||Decay||White cow||soldier raya lukaria|
|aviation soldier||trembling bastard|
|noble wizard||Jarrett||Miranda Sprout||Skeleton Bandit||nomadic|
|Amphibious Wizard||nobility||soldier of fortune||Kleiman|
What is ranking?
As mentioned earlier,elder ringSouls are AI companions that help the player in certain areas. These areas are always indicated by a glowing blue tombstone icon on the left side of the screen. you canwhenIf you see one of these, summon a spirit from the ashes of souls. Fortunately, that pretty much covers everything. Dungeons and most organized enemy camps in the world are free games for summoning friends (whether spirits or human players in co-op). However, unlike Happy Collaborators, you can only use one type of soul at a time until you die, rest, or leave an area.
Another limiting factor for spirits is your FP (focus). This iselder ringA term for mana or energy, it's used for everything from weapon skills to sorcery - including Ashes of Souls. Most souls require varying amounts of FP to summon. If something costs more than your total FP (the blue bar at the top of the screen sandwiched between your health and stamina), you can't invoke it. However, there are exceptions to this rule.
not all ashes are inelder ringRequires FP to summon. Some elves—such as the aforementioned Mimic Tears—Instead, it consumes health. In very special cases, summoning is completely free. You can also temporarily boost your max FP with Godric's Rune of Greatness, which is conveniently obtained by killing Godric in Stormveil Castle and "charging" the item on the Sacred Tower on the Square Bridge. Large runes must still beActivityBy using a consumable called Runic Arc. This effect usually lasts until your death.
Even so, there are ways around FP restrictionsAzure hides a tear. This is the ingredient for your magic vial, which can be mixed in any elegant place for different effects. In this case, the effect is infinite FP for a few seconds. This is perfect for summoning, since you usually only activate Ember once per turn. rest. This is a great way to bypass pump levels in Mind, it boosts total FP but doesn't do much else.
On a final note about Ashes of Souls, it's worth noting that almost all of the summons available in the game are based on existing enemies. These just happen to work for you. This means that most, if not all, of the same rules apply to them as they do to enemies of that type in the world. immortal spirit,Skeleton military, is a perfect example.elder ringSkeletons usually respawn infinitely after being defeated. Unless you attack the glowing white mist that emanates from their bones as they fall. If you destroy this core with a simple damage swing, you permanently destroy them, but only if you do so before they respawn after a few seconds.Same goes for friendly skeletons. Keep this rule of thumb in mind when considering all the spirits in your game.
What is the meaning of ranking?
spirit is different from otherselder ringThe power is that they are completely PVE oriented. You can't use Ashes of Souls in multiplayer--not even in co-op. Not even if you're just using Furlcalling Finger Remedy, it's necessaryInvite other players to join your game. If you do this, you just turned off the wine.
This of course means that PVP is not included in our rankings. Instead, we're focusing on their overall effectiveness against bosses and standard enemies. It's as simple as it sounds, and it's pretty much a vacuum. The problem is that "most efficient" depends on the build. So we try to take into account a wide range of useful attributes: tankability (i.e. defense), damage and support (i.e. healing and buffing), and some quirks. Generally, if anyCanWorks, and we try to reflect it with higher rankings. Though factors like damage and tank abilities are weighted more because they apply more broadly to all types of players.
The meaning of these categories is self-explanatory:
- S –Great in almost every situation.
- A -Good to excellent in most cases.
- B –Works great in many different situations. Great for specific weapons or builds.
- C -Not recommended in general, but useful in specific cases or very efficient in setup.
- D——Not generally recommended: either because the spirit has too little effect to be used for something more broadly useful, or because another spirit does the same thing but better.
We chose not to include the F rank because almost all Ashes of Souls (as well as Witchcraft, Ashes of War, and Spells) seem to have at least one function - even if a particular function isn't particularly appealing to the US. Getting a finer grain of higher and lower levels (or pros and cons) feels pedantic and opaque rather than informative.
How was the location chosen?
in ourspelling list,List of Ashes of War tiers, andlist of spells,we do our best to explain itEveryThe location is different. We point out that "mathematical details obviously play a role, but different players weigh different elements—such as animation times, super armor, damage, range, status effects, etc.—differently." Therefore, there is no such thing as an "objective Opinion". Anyone who tries to tell you differently is just trying to convince youTheirOpinions are what you should care most about.
Even more so with ashes. Ash of Soul is driven almost entirely by the game's artificial intelligence. Facing the enemy AI, it's two overlapping random factors completely out of the player's control, colliding at the same time. It is simply impossible to predict how an encounter between a spirit and an enemy will develop. That's why more observable factors (like health, injuries, etc.) carry more weight in our rankings. These more predictably increase the odds of a player getting a favorable outcome. Although there is always an element of pure luck.
Ashes in particular seem to befully extended. Each level of upgrade doesn't just increase the damage of summons like weapons do. Instead, you also sometimes get higher survivability, more status effect builds, or an entire extra unit with each use. This alone makes even the weakest spirits more capable of drawing enemy attacks and taking the hits for you later in the game.
Because most spirits are based on existing enemies or enemy archetypes, they tend to have very basic attack patterns. Combined with moderate to high health after several upgrades, these summons are fully usable by almost anyone. Some even become good if the player learnsactuallyHow to bypass them. This makes up most of what you see in the middle (tiers B and C).
Conversely, some of the spirits in the center don't offer much of the basics, but have some unique quirks that make them useful in the right circumstances. Thatwar hawkis a good example. It's not the healthiest or most powerful spirit in the game. On the other hand, it is one of only a few types of flight. and anyone who has ever fought a flying enemyelder ringKnow how hard they are to hit. This makes them an effective distraction against certain enemiesandCompletely immune to low altitude or ground attacks.
At the top level of the list, you should find that Ashes of Soul provide both stability and versatility - though this versatility "works well in both melee and ranged". Not all summons are good at both, but those that stand out more.
Important note about specific alcohol ashes
- Even after nervous tension,imitate tearsIts customization options are still very good. It's as thick as you are (or thicker if you equip a shield before summoning and then switch to something more aggressive). It can also cast support spells that affect both you and Mimic Tears.
- Stormhawk DeanGives the player an undocumented damage buff at the start. It's also a flying enemy--as anyone who's fought flying enemies throughout the game should know, hitting them is pretty annoying. Strangely, this brings a sort of "dodge the tank" call to the roster.
- Headless RuttleIs an excellent tank and a good fighter, but her teleportation ability poses some risks. She can disappear and reappear at odd times - getting hurt and, more importantly, hated in the process. This occasionally interrupts her main role as a tank.
- Aurelia (aka Jellyfish)Severely down, but due to her unusual early game availability for new players, we're putting her in the B tier for now. She's easy to get, can fight from a distance, and has more health than any other Summon a new player might get in the first place. Consider replacing her when you have more opportunities.
- lone wolfOccupies a similar position with jellyfish. It's actually the first spirit most players get in the game, and it scales surprisingly well. It fulfills its "role" as the spirit of the early games very well. It also illustrates the difference between the two basic categories of asheselder ring: Individuals, tank units and larger groups are easier to kill. Groups are less capable of AoE attacks because individual members of the group have lower health. The advantage isGroups can confuse enemy AI- and even trick them into a cycle of confusion where they don't know who to target. Mass summoning can also continue to attack (and possibly stun) enemies when one of them is threatened.
- follow the ancestorsDoesn't make it very close, but they have a reputation for being extremely reliable ranged attacks that can burn enemies from afar. For melee players, you can do much worse.
- Rotten Wanderer: This summon doesn't last long for you, nor does it do a million hits alone. However, it is a very early and easy source of Crimson Rot, which will eat some bosses due to its percentage based health damage.
- giant rat:The total number of rats summoned each time they are used increases with level. At max level, the total number of rats can startle enemies, as they'll just keep attacking. They also don't use FP or HP.
- clinlot knight finleyis the edge between A and S. They offer a fair amount of utility - including instant buffs - but are relatively easy to transfer and aren't as tanky as the others (even at +10). It may depend on what you are looking for in the subpoena.
- Like Finlay,Redmane Knight OgaThere's an easy upgrade to the S-Class under the right circumstances. They excel at melee combat and are very effective at long range. However, direct bow attacks are a bit finicky for souls, as the AI doesn't always know when their line of sight is blocked. In this case, you may find them shooting at rocks or walls.
- Land spray:In theory, these are very useful. They are basically immobile, but highly tanky, and in addition to producing poison, they also deal damage in poison clouds over time. The problem is their calling point isPresets for each region. This often places them in completely useless places beyond the player's control.
- LatennaBasically works like a tower, with all the pros and cons. She doesn't leave her position (too much) and can sneak up on enemies from a distance. This is great for melee builds. She can do free damage almost anywhere if you keep the aggroas long as she can see. It also fits perfectly on wheels. If you put an enemy between you and Ratner, the enemy AI will often get confused and try to run between the two of you. Unfortunately, if she comes under sustained fire--especially at close range--she's pretty much finished.
- Tricia perfumeis a mostly support call that periodically gives you a damage shield that blocks most damage from the next attack you take (similar to Opal Bubble Tear). Like Karman, her offensive Fire Dust is extremely unreliable and doesn't deal huge damage.
- Sleeping Arrow Doloresis a hard to find and very interesting phone. She is one of the few sources of sleep in the game, which is very useful when you can use it, as it can "stun" groups of enemies (Such as Godskin Duo). Meanwhile, hitting sleeping targets seems to deal bonus damage with critical hits. Although status effects seem to only work on certain enemies.
- thisrotten league grayBehaving a bit like a living Shabri's Vie. They just stand around and attract hate. However, this is not 100% reliable, as attacking the boss will eventually pull them back to the player. The problem here is that you trade damage for better distraction. This probably makes this summon best for magic users who want to blow up large windows.
- crystallizationGreat in most situations...just not against enemies that deal sustained hit (ie blunt) damage. In this case, it's actually useless. This is actually an instructive exampleashes of soul are often situational。
- Nepheli Loux Doll:I could definitely place this higher, but I wouldn't encourage people to mess with Nefeli just to get this summon...
- Eating poop doll:I could definitely bring this down, but I want to encourage you to annoy that scumbag eater to get this call.
- Radan SoldierHaving a unique artificial intelligence that seems to allow them to attack whatever they want rather than following the player directly. This obviously doesn't make much sense in a boss fight. However, when traversing dungeons, players may need other things.
- EveryHallig Tree SoldierIt seems to trigger its self-destruct when it drops to around 50% health. This does impressive damage aside from the light attack they deal first, but the explosion animation takes time, and unfortunately soldiers may be killed before they explode.
- Oracle Envoy:These odd little guys have the unique ability to attack enemies out of sight. Their golden bubble attack only spawns on the heads of enemies.
- Many people have said this sentence, but never fall asleepGreatshield Soldier Ashes. Indeed, groups areas a ruleWorse survivability than summoning alone. However, these spirits attack from behind shields almost exclusively using the unique properties of spears.elder ringwhile continuing to block. This means their tank abilities are much more powerful than they first appear - while continuing to spread and deal damage.
General Notes and Terminology
Here are some other concepts to consider when making our decisions:
- After displacement and injury:Most attacks and offensive techniques can confuse the opponent. This causes the target to flinch briefly and stop moving, usually interrupting attacks that would otherwise hit the player. Lighter attacks are less likely to staggerHeavier armor reduces the chance of being ejectedGenerally speaking. Also, several abilities damage an invisible "Status" bar (to borrow the termAx: Shadows Die Twice), which makes enemies vulnerable to critical hits when depleted. Some abilities do incredible stance damage, and are especially ideal in builds that utilize heavy hits.
- Status Effects:This refers to the type of consequential damage. throughelder ringThis includes Poison, Blood Loss, Frostbite, Crimson, Madness, Instant Death, and Sleep. Blood loss, frostbite, and scarlet fever are usuallyMost Effective and Desirable Types of StatusDue to their quick damage, utility in PVP and PVE, and ease of application.
- hate:Acronym for "aggression". If the player or Wuhun has aggro, it means that an enemy will focus their attack on him.
- AoE (aka Area of Effect):A widely used term that basically means any kind of attack over a large area - whether it's a circle, cone, etc.
Lhutel the Headless is Elden Ring's best tank Spirit Summon, as she's equipped with heavy armor and a greatshield.What is the rarest ash in Elden Ring? ›
The Dung Eater Puppet is one of the rarest Elite Spirit Ashes in Elden Ring, but also one of the best. A solid tank, he'll inflict bleed on enemies he strikes, building up the status well for builds that also rely on it. He also curses enemies, reducing their resistance against various other status effects.Is it worth upgrading ashes in Elden Ring? ›
Upgrading the right Spirit Ash in Elden Ring can make all the difference when fighting some of the more challenging bosses in Elden Ring. Elden Ring can be punishing. Some bosses are relentless and will constantly attack you to a point where your stamina is depleted, and you can't dodge anymore.What is the best ash in Elden? ›
The Mimic Tear is undoubtedly the best Spirit Ash in Elden Ring since it makes an exact copy of the player. Moreover, the Mimic Tear can do the following: Use the Player's Weapons, Armor, Talismans, Spells/Incantations.What is the strongest role in Elden Ring? ›
Best Elden Ring Magic Build Class: Astrologer
Although it begins at a low level of 6 with relatively low health, the Astrologer is strongest when it comes to spell-casting. With Mind, Dexterity, and Intelligence stats all leading the way, your abilities will be dealing as much damage as possible in the early game.
Use the Fire weapon vs Radagon and then swap to the Heavy weapon vs Elden Beast. Flame of the Redmanes is a great Ash of War for the fight against Radagon — although after the nerf it no longer staggers as well, he does takes full damage from fire.What is the best spirit ash for Malekith? ›
Any Spirit Ash summon that can hold his attention will be a big help. The Mimic Tear is always a top option, but anything that can survive his onslaught will do. I recommend sticking to single-entity summons though, as group summons like Giant Rats or Greatshield Soldiers may pull his aggro back towards you.What is the best legendary ash of war in Elden Ring? ›
The Mimic Tear is undoubtedly the best Spirit Ash in Elden Ring. It is essentially a copy of your character, spawning with the weapons and armor you have equipped when summoned. This means those using the best weapons and best spells in Elden Ring will suddenly be able to duplicate their damage.What spirit ashes are good against Rennala? ›
Lastly, there isn't an NPC summon available for this encounter, though your spirit summons will help immensely. I recommend using the Godrick Soldier Ashes or Lone Wolf Ashes, as they're both effective at interrupting Rennala's spellcasting.When should you stop upgrading Elden Ring? ›
Depending on your build, it's usually wise to stop leveling Strength once you've allocated 50 points to it. Any more results in diminishing returns. However, you can push to 60 if you feel like you need to.
Godrick soldier ashes location
Spirits you can find early, this hammer and crossbow duo are a decent choice to help out, even if you might have better options later. In any case, you'll definitely have the FP to summon them and they'll still be a viable aid if you level them up accordingly.
The Lone Wolves are given to you by 'Renna' towards the start of the game, but even though they're your first Spirit Summon, they'll continue to be useful for the duration. However, they'll need to be upgraded to keep up with the game's increasingly tough enemies.What Ash is best for Margit? ›
I'd recommend using the Lone Wolf Ashes or Godrick Soldier Ashes, which you can find in the jellyfish-filled cemetery west of Stormhill. You won't have much time in between Margit's four-combo attacks, so focus on dodging and healing until he slams his staff or hammer into the ground, then punish him.What is the best spirit ash against Godrick? ›
The best Spirit Ash to use on Godrick this early in Elden Ring is the Spirit Jellyfish Ashes. You can upgrade this Spirit Summon a few times with Roderika if you complete her questline before taking on Godrick, and its high HP pool and Poison-based abilities make it a very useful ally indeed.Is Mimic Tear still the best summon? ›
Overpowering even the late-game bosses will be easy with this summon. So yes, if your build is good, this is technically the best summon in the game.What is the rarest Elden Ring achievement? ›
Without question the most daunting shardbearer battle, it's little wonder why the trophy for defeating Malenia is among Elden Ring's rarest. Plus, reaching her is a task in and of itself.
The boss that has been defeated by the fewest players is Dragonlord Placidusax, a legendary enemy located in the Crumbling Farum Azula. As of 13 Dec 2022, the achievement players get for defeating this out-of-the-way optional boss is the rarest boss-battle achievement/trophy, across all platforms.How many special ashes are there in Elden Ring? ›
In total, there are 64 Spirit Ashes to find in Elden Ring. Each one allows you to summon an enemy, horde of enemies, or special character to fight alongside you. However, you'll need to acquire the Spirit Calling Bell before you can use any of the Spirit Ashes.How many legendary ashes are in Elden Ring? ›
There are six Legendary Spirit Ash Summons in Elden Ring, which are very powerful. They are hidden in unusual or optional areas, or obtained by defeating powerful enemies.